- Soft Gelatin Capsules
- Calcium Citrate 500 mg
- Zinc 20 mg
- Calcitriol 0.25 mg
- Magnesium 40 mg
- Calcium citrate reduce the risk of oxalate deposition in the kidney.
- Calcium citrate was better absorbed than calcium carbonate in postmenopausal women.
- With PPIs drugs calcium citrate can use as calcium supplements.
- In secondary hyperparathyroidism.
- In postmenopausal Osteoporosis
- In Senile Osteoporosis
- Bone loss (osteoporosis) (people taking certain medications such as phenytoin, phenobarbital, or prednisone).
- Weak bones (osteomalacia/rickets)
Calcium as a nutrient is most commonly associated with the formation and metabolism of bone. Over 99 percent of total body calcium is found as calcium hydroxyapatite (Ca10[PO4]6[OH]2) in bones and teeth, where it provides hard tissue with its strength. Calcium in the circulatory system, extracellular fluid, muscle, and other tissues is critical for mediating vascular contraction and vasodilatation, muscle function, nerve transmission, intracellular signaling, and hormonal secretion. Bone tissue serves as a reservoir for and source of calcium for these critical metabolic needs through the process of bone remodeling.\
DOSAGES:- At least 1,200 milligrams of calcium and 800 to 1,000 international units of vitamin D a day.